COVID-19 and the Effects on Children with Autism and Disabilities
Presented by the Broward County Crime Commission/FPA Co-Sponsor
Participants will be able to :
1. Analyze Anxiety Issues which persons of Autism may demonstrate during a drowning incident or any emergency incident.
2. Analyze how swimming can better help persons of Autism with social interaction skills.
3. Assess why persons of Autism Spectrum Disorder experience Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Depression.
4, Assess the likely adverse effects of the pandemic on people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
5. Analyze how Behavioral Health Research shows that children with ASD are at higher risk for some mental health conditions than children without autism.
6. Assess why ASD members have difficulty interpreting subtle gestures & facial expressions, such as misreading or not noticing subtle facial cues, like a smile, wink or grimace, that could help understand the nuances of social communication.
7. Analyze the restricted, repetitive behaviors which include, but are not limited to: Inflexible behavior and extreme difficulty dealing with change; behaviors interfere with functioning in all contexts.
8. Understand what are the 3 important Behavioral Health points that fire and police academies should teach police officers and firefighters.
9. Analyze the variations in brain function and social behaviors.
10. Analyze Defining and Explaining Neuro-diversity.
Course Level: Advanced, Intermediate, Psychologist, Psychiatrists, Introductory, Students, LMFT/LCSW/LMHC, and General Public/Other
Approved for 4 hours of general continuing education credits
Fees: $60 for FPA Members and Non-Members
Refund Policy: Will refund 48 hours prior to webinar