Putting the Pieces Together: An Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training
Presented by: Next Generation Divorce, Lana M. Stern, PhD and Lori Georgiou, LMFT/FPA Co-Sponsor
Participants will be able to:
1. Compare the practice of the Collaborative divorce process to a traditional litigated divorce process.
2. Utilize the Interdisciplinary Team in the Collaborative Process made up of attorneys, mental health professionals and neutral financial professionals.
3. Demonstrate the use of informed consent given during an initial interview.
4. Differentiate the paradigm shift made by each professional team member.
5. Recognize the different roles of the attorney, neutral mental health professional and the neutral financial professional and their utilization
throughout the Collaborative process.
6. Demonstrate understanding about the use of the Participation Agreement and withdrawal provision that distinguishes Collaborative Law from
any other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process.
7. Describe and apply the use of transparency in the Collaborative Process.
8. Demonstrate, through role-play, the use of Interest-Based Negotiation played out in “real time”.
9. Recognize the ethical and legal issues of the Collaborative Process and apply to their practice of Collaborative law.
10. Apply the principals of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act and Rules (UCLA/R) and jurisdictions with Collaborative Law Statutes to their practice.
Approved for 13 hours of general continuing education credits, 1 hour of professional ethics and 1 hour of Florida Laws and Rules
Fee: Early Bird Pricing $495.00 (Ends August 7, 2020); Regular Pricing $550.00 (After August 7, 2020)
Registration: REGISTER BY VISITING WWW.NEXTGENERATIONDIVORCE.COM (calendar) OR BY EMAIL TO INFO@NEXTGENERATIONDIVORCE.COM